Imperfections on the skin are normal, but an excess amount of blemishes affects your appearance and self-esteem. Red, raised blemishes on the skin are not only unappealing, but they are also a sign of unhealthy skin. If you are part of the 40 to 50 million people in American who suffer with acne, improving the look and underlying health of your skin with proper skincare is imperative. Using these homemade facial cleansers for acne-prone skin, your face will look and feel clean and healthy.
Visit your local discount store or specialty beauty realtor and you will most likely find numerous products that contain honey. Although commonly used as an ingredient for baking or sweetening beverages, honey is also an effective option for ridding your skin of harmful bacteria.
Using raw honey on your face each day will reduce your risk of acne due to its natural antibacterial properties. To use, complete the following steps each night:
- Splash warm water on the face to wet your skin.
- Wash your hands and dry before adding a tablespoon of raw honey onto your fingertips.
- Massage the honey onto your face using circular motions. Be sure to massage the entire face, along your hairline, behind your ears, and on the neck.
- Allow the honey to rest on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Dampen a clean washcloth under the sink faucet. Be sure the water is warm.
- Use the cloth to wash the honey off of your skin. Splash your skin with water from the faucet for a final rinse.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
Oil is naturally found on and in your skin. Unfortunately, when this oil combines with dirt, makeup, and dead skin cells, it builds up in your pores. This buildup becomes inflamed, leading to acne.
While surprising to hear, you can absorb this acne-causing oil on your skin using olive oil.
After washing and drying your hands, add a few teaspoons of olive oil to your fingers. Massage the oil all over your face and neck, allowing the olive oil to soak into the skin. Dampen a washcloth with warm water and place over your oil-soaked face. Let the cloth rest on your face, forcing the steam into the skin.
After 5 to 10 minutes, remove the cloth and splash your face with lukewarm water to rinse off the olive oil. The combination of the olive oil and steam will absorb problematic oil and surface debris from your skin, reducing the risk of acne.
Properly cleaning your face is important if you want attractive, healthy skin. Using these natural cleansers, you can fight acne while improving the look of your skin. However, if you feel you need additional help to rid your skin of acne, consider contacting a local specialist, such as Medical Skin Care Center, to discuss what's best for you and your skin.